MeSoLostInSpace Server Forum!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MeSoLostInSpace Server Forum!

A different and unique modpack with its own official server.

What's on MeSo's mind

MeSoLost
    Owner

What's on MeSo's mind Empty Energy Collectors

Post by MeSoLost Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:08 am

Energy collectors here have NOT been nerfed like on some other servers and as a result make quite frequent system calls that can result in extreme lag in some cases. Just as a warning we may be considering reducing the limit to 20 as we get more players. Please don't complain about this because this is for everyone's benefit. I mean, who likes playin on a server that's always lagging? Do keep in mind that I personally run 1 power flower, that's it, so that I'm keep my lag footprint to a minimum for the rest of our dedicated players.
    MeSoLost
    Owner

What's on MeSo's mind Empty What's on MeSo's mind

Post by MeSoLost Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:51 am

I'll post stuff here so you guys know whats up with the server, what i'm lookin at, and what if anything I need to do to fix it.  And if not that then I'll be making somethin else kewl for the server. ^_^

Locking in limits for lag control - So I set things up and test certain stuff for lag potential and I'm lookin at the tick reports n junk and I've set some limits on things and before you yell at me for these you'd have to see what I see on the profile reports. =\  Anyway, the limits (so far -_- ) are as follows: 32 power flowers per person, 64 for a team, 50 IC2 solar panels or arrays per person, 100 for a team, 5 air-lock controllers per person, 10 on a team base, and 10 oxygen sealers per person, 25 for a team.  Sorry about this =\ but the next laggiest thing is sheep so if entities get too bad we might have them shut off on the overworld. -_-  Well, that's whats up so far in case anyone was interested on what i'm doing to combat lag.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:15 am